THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING DIET BOOK PHENOMENON
If you’ve ever suspected that not everyone should eat the same thing or do the same exercise, you’re right. In fact, what foods we absorb well and how our bodies handle stress differ with each blood type.
Your blood type reflects your internal chemistry. It is the key that unlocks the mysteries of disease, longevity, fitness, and emotional strength. It determines your susceptibility to illness, the foods you should eat, and ways to avoid the most troubling health problems.
Based on decades of research and practical application, Eat Right 4 Your Type offers an individualized diet-and-health plan that is right for you.
In this revised and updated edition of Eat Right 4 Your Type, you will learn:
• Which foods, spices, teas, and condiments will help maintain your optimal health and ideal weight
• Which vitamins and supplements to emphasize or avoid
• Which medications function best in your system
• Whether your stress goes to your muscles or to your nervous system
• Whether your stress is relieved better through aerobics or meditation
• Whether you should walk, swim, or play tennis or golf as your mode of exercise
• How knowing your blood type can help you avoid many common viruses and infections
• How knowing your blood type can help you fight back against life-threatening diseases
• How to slow down the aging process by avoiding factors that cause rapid cell deterioration
INCLUDES A 10-DAY JUMP-START PLAN
This abridged audiobook introduces Dr. Peter J. D’Adamo’s revolutionary approach to dieting based on the connection between blood type and health. Read by audio pro Polly Adams, D’Adamo’s bestseller details how different foods affect specific blood types both positively and negatively. We learn that “pastas made from buckwheat are better tolerated for Type Os,” and that type As should eliminate all meat from their diet to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer. Adams blends an efficient, no-nonsense delivery and warm tones that may remind some of a favorite talk-radio personality. And considering the important subject matter, listeners will appreciate all of these qualities. While some dieters may find the suggestions too progressive–it’s recommended that women with a history of breast cancer in their family introduce snails into their diet–this is a beneficial three-hour investment for dieters seeking alternative nutritional plans. (Running time: three hours, two cassettes) –Cate Bick